TAKE THE STAIRS TO SUCCESS AT SVSU AND BEYOND!
Friday, August 24 (Required for ALL new students)
- 12:30pm Check-in at Ryder Center
- 1:30 - 4:00pm University Convocation, College and Department Meetings
- 4:00pm Prizes and Cardinal Forever scholarship winners announced! (Campus Courtyard)
Friday Evening…Fresh Start Continues!
- 5 – 6:30pm Commuter Dinner (by invitation) (Marketplace at Doan)
- 6:30 – 9:00pm “Step Up, Get Involved!” (Student Life Center) Get connected and have FUN while enjoying food, prizes and free stuff!
- CARDINAL CAGE grand re-opening!!!
- 10:00pm VALLEY NIGHTS, SVSU’s weekend entertainment, presents the first FREE feature film for the 2012-13 academic year. Showing: Five Year Engagement (Thompson Student Activities Room)
Saturday, August 25 (Welcome Weekend)
- 9am - 1pm CARDINALS IN THE COMMUNITY Service Project sponsored by Student Life. Volunteers will be helping at Jerome Elementary in Saginaw. Pick-up location will be at Student Life/Rotunda Area
- 11:00am Military Student University Intergration Orientation (Lunch Included) Meet current military students (veteran,active, reserve) and key campus and local representatives to learn more about how to navigate SVSU successfully.
- 1pm - 4:00pm SVSU is Open for Business! Stop into Student Service offices across campus to take care of any last minute business and get answers to questions.
- 2pm- 6:00pm Campus Rec sponsors casual fun events (Campus Courtyard):
- 2-3:00pm Outdoor Zumba
- 3-5:00pm Slack Lining
- 3-6:00pm Open Rec Volleyball/Flag Football
- 4pm - 8:00pm Campus Recreation Center Orientation (Campus Recreation Center Lounge)
Saturday Evening - Cardinal Comedy Night
Three awesome acts plus an Afterglow Party with food and refreshments!
- 7:00 pm Mission IMPROVable (Malcolm Field Theatre)
- 8:30 pm Baby Wants Candy (Malcolm Field Theatre)
- 10:00 pm The Norman Magic Experience (Thompson Student Activities Room)
11:00 pm Afterglow Party in the SLC with Music, Munchies, Games and Prizes! (Student Life Center)
(Sponsored by Program Board, Residence Housing Association, Student Association, Valley Nights and Student Life)